Everydayhealth.com teaches us the tools to ...
Weekend Splurging Done Right
Maintain your weight — and healthy eating habits — seven days a week with some smart strategies.
While everyone deserves a day off, you need to be careful not to overdo it. You don't want to consume too many calories and slip back into the patterns that caused your weight gain in the first place. ...
Weekend Calories: Indulge in Moderation
So how do you splurge without destroying your healthy habits? Donna L. Weihofen, RD, MS, health nutritionist at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisc., advises not let your weekend turn into a food wasteland. A few smart steps can help you indulge without the calories or guilt:
- Share that fudge sundae with your spouse or kids.
- Go for tiny tastes, like a mini-cheesecake instead of an entire slice, or a single square of chocolate instead of a whole bar.
- Eat a healthy breakfast to control your appetite.
- Eat more whole grains, fruit, and veggies as your day gets started so that you'll feel full longer and feel satisfied with small splurges.
- Split an entrée or skip the bread basket when eating out, especially if you want a taste of dessert.
- Limit your alcohol — drink water or another calorie-free beverage between drinks — or apply those calories to a food you'd enjoy more.
Visit http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/weekend-splurging.aspx to read this entire article.
And A.C.E. is one tool to add to your appetite control regimen. If you want to make sure that your weekends don't blow your weight loss success so far, give me a call to get started on A.C.E. today!