Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Maintaining a steady 194!

So ... I am now at a point where I can see that I am going to have to step up my activity. I have been maintaining at 193-195 for the past three weeks. Perhaps I will go ahead and up my dose of A.C.E. Appetite Control & Energy from 2 per day to 3, but before I do that I will try to make an extra effort to get more physical activity in.

My diet may need some changes at this point as well. Like maybe my system is going into "starvation mode." I've been able to make healthier choices when I eat because thanks to A.C.E. my mind isn't clouded by cravings; in fact I haven't really thought about food in nearly 4 months. I have been eating a small breakfast like a piece of fruit or light/low fat yogurt. I will force myself to eat a small salad of Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, 2 % cheese, real bacon bits, sometimes croutons and 2 tablespoons of Italian, lite Ranch or lite Caesar dressing. Sometimes I add Tyson or Kroger brand precooked chicken strips. I realize that not everything I put on my salad is fat-free or necessarily healthy, but again, our bodies must ingest calories in order to burn calories. I think my biggest problem right now is that I don't eat dinner most nights or get those 2 snacks a day in. This is so important to caloric burn, but it's just really hard to make yourself eat when you're not hungry. I think I would rather try to go for the extra snacks (healthy choices of course).

I know ... There's a fruit and vegetable stand 2-3 blocks from my work. I can walk there each day. I'll just take from my change jar each time to cover one piece of fruit or a veggie. I think this sounds like a good idea. I'd be killing two birds with one stone.

I also think that I am going to try another product offered by AMS/Saba: Toppfast. It's a weight loss/protein shake that comes in chocolate or vanilla.

The good news is that even though I may not see the numbers on the scales changing too much, I am still finding that my clothes are looser. I keep having to drill new holes in my belt, so I know that A.C.E. is still working.

All in all, I am just glad I am not falling backward; I am still progressing -- moving forward in this journey to a new me!

And bottom line: I am still loving my A.C.E.!

No comments:

Post a Comment