Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayer for 2009

Original post date: Monday, December 29, 2008

Current mood:stirred
Category: Life
As 2008 ends, I have many hopes for 2009.
Lord God, please hear my heart.
I want to see our economy pick back up; I'm tired of being broke! I want to be able to buy a home soon and afford whatever my child needs.
That said, I hope 2009 brings the birth of a healthy, happy baby boy or girl (we still don't know for sure yet). And I hope to lose weight quickly after the baby is born.
I hope in 2009 I can always find a reason to smile and have hope. I pray God opens my eyes to the blessings in my life, and helps me to become the "happy-go-lucky-at-all-times" person I know I can be.
I hope people begin to love each other, truly love each other. It saddens me to see so much hate in this world, or to see people fall out of love with each other. It saddens, scares and disappoints me. May love be restored this year.
I want my Daddy to be healthy and strong, and I want to see my Mama finally receive the recompense she is due from her employer after 30 years of insult and ridicule on the job. She was laid off this year, and my prayer is that God will use this situation to bless her financially.
I wish happiness to my brother and his wife and child. I pray they become a strong family unit. I love them all so much.
So many of my friends and family have endured loss this year; I pray that this is their year to re-gain and to take back what the enemy has stolen.
I know that our Lord will soon come. The signs are all around. And as much as I love him and want to be with him, part of me hopes that the Lord will tarry this year and give me one more year to be in love with my husband and to see the face of my child as it laughs, smiles, sleeps and dreams. I hope I am rapture generation, to see the Lord coming in all the glory of Heaven, but Lord forgive me if I'd rather put it off one more year or two. James says that this life is but a vapor. It's here one day then gone the next. I believe a long life on this earth is a true blessing and gift from God, and I want to enjoy it for as long as he will allow me.
This earth is the only chance we will have to store up heavenly treasures. I pray none of us forgets that this year.
My biggest hope for this year is that the Lord God himself will make me new again. I pray for a stronger relationship with Him, stronger than I have ever known before. I want to be spewing over with joy, the anointing of the Holy Spirit and the love of God.
I want to see the so many I know that are lost finally come home, and I want to be a part of their reason for making that decision.
I pray for my dear friend Heather. I love her and miss her so much. I pray she is one of the lost who returns home this year.
I pray for drug addicts — that they would come to their right mind. I pray for the sexually enslaved — that they would no longer feel shame. For all who are bound to the repetitions of sin, I pray that this year will bring broken bonds and broken spirits and hearts reborn to the glory of God!
I pray that the Body of Christ will be set aflame once again. Holy Spirit, please fan the flames of the Church and make us strong among the nations of this world, among the realms of the spiritual world and in the world to come.
God grant us dominion in our homes, on our jobs, in our hearts and in our minds. Strengthen us for the year ahead and the tasks that it brings. Empower us by your might. Renew us daily, Lord, so that in this new year we might truly fulfill the purpose you have placed on our lives.
Hear my cry Lord Jesus, and by your Holy Spirit, I ask that you interpret to the Father on my behalf all the yearning and groans in my spirit that I cannot find words for. Lord Jesus, please make my requests known to God our Father, and please seal my prayer with your holy name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment